Breathing With the Earth
Some terrestial biological organisms have been shown to be sensitive to geomagnetism. The extent of this sensitivity has not been completly determined.
The Chapter "Breathing with the Earth", in the book "The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life" By Robert O. Becker, M.D.,
and Gary Selden. Quill Books, William Morrow and Co., Inc 1985 describes briefly the dynamic scope of electromagnetic energies
our earth is enveloped in.
- The earth's geomagnetic field results from the intraction of the magnetic core of the earth and the ionosphere, and varies as the moon revolves around the earth, and as the earth revolves around the sun.
- The earth's surface and the ionosphere form a resonating cavity that produces low frequency pulsations (called the Shuman Resonance)
- Solar Flares (and sunspots and prominances) shower the earth and ionosphere with charged particles,
causing magnetic storms, with atendent effects of the Aurora Borealis and Austrialis (Northern and Southern Lights)
- Every lightning flash releases a burst of radio energy which travel along the magnetic lines of force
and bounce back and forth beween north and south poles before fading out. (Further, lightning flashes and storms are associated with only recently discovered upper atmospheric phenomena such as "elves", "sprites", and "jets".)
- The earth surface and the Ionosphere act as charged plates, building up an electro static potential
of hundreds of thousands of volts.
- Large DC currents flow within the Ionosphere and within the earth (telluric currents), which interact
and form additional electromagnetic fields.
- The magnetic field of the sun is divided from pole to pole in sections of opposite polarity so that every eight days a new section effects the earth. The transition form one to the next section induces sevral days of turbulence in the geomagnetic field.
- The polarity of atmospheric ions has been shown to coorelate with human physical end emotional health. Negative ions are believed to be healthful, while positive ions are believed to be harmful.